Can You Sue And File A Claim Without A Police Report In Missouri


Accidents happen, especially so while driving. If you are involved in an accident, it is always important that you call the police to file a report. In Missouri, you are required by law to report an accident to the Driver License Bureau if it falls under any of the following categories:

  1. If you believe that one of the parties involved is uninsured
  2. Property damage exceeds$500
  3. The accident results in bodily injury or death

If you are involved in a minor accident that involves no injuries, the police may decline to respond to the accident. If that is the case, you might question whether you are able to sue and file a claim without a police report.

Filing a Personal Injury Claim Without a Police Report in Missouri

In the state of Missouri, you are able to sue and file a claim without a police report. To do so, it’s important that you gather evidence at the scene, and hire an experienced lawyer to help make sense of that evidence afterward. At Bandré, Hunt & Snider, we are experienced in personal injury law and will work with you to secure the best outcome possible for you.

Gathering Auto Accident Evidence Yourself

If you are filing a report or suing without a police report, it is crucial that you gather evidence from the scene yourself. This includes taking photos of the damage to both vehicles, the scene of the accident, and anything that you think might help illustrate to a court what has occurred. It is also important that you gather the information from the other party, with their name and insurance details being the most crucial information you need to gather. If there are eyewitnesses who saw the accident, record their statement on your phone and gather their contact information. Finally, record a written description of the accident. Include any information that you believe would be helpful to your case. This can include information like weather conditions, the immediate surroundings, or anything you believe would be relevant.

Contact The Personal Injury Lawyers At Bandré, Hunt & Snider

If you have been involved in a car accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Bandré, Hunt & Snider. If you have been injured due to the negligence of others, you deserve compensation, and the team at Bandré, Hunt & Snider will work hard for you.